2018 ALASKA AVIATION FESTIVAL JULY 22
Help us celebrate Alaska’s rich aviation legacy AND the 30th birthday of the Alaska Aviation Museum on SUNDAY, JULY 22, 2018. Join the fun — live music, food vendor carnival, adult refreshments, kid and family activities, fun and information booths, book author signings, low-level aircraft fly-bys… It’s all happening, up close and personal, all day long, from 10 am to 4 pm… under age 13 free, as well as active duty military; all other adults only $10 and teens 13-17 only $5! Free parking and shuttle provided by Alaska Park at International Airport & Spenard Road.
WELCOME TO THE ALASKA AVIATION MUSEUM
Located on the world’s largest seaplane base, Lake Hood, at Anchorage International Airport, the Alaska Aviation Museum celebrates Alaska’s rich aviation history. Click on the Explore Tab to learn more about exhibits, education, tours and the Hall of Fame. For the latest in museum news and events, find Alaska Aviation Museum on Facebook.
We’re a substantial museum boasting:
- 4 hangars of exhibits and vintage aircraft (20-30 flying vintage aircraft on display)
- Outdoor exhibits
- Restoration hangar (watch volunteers at work restoring vintage aircraft)
- Control tower (watch seaplanes land and take off, including live real-time radio tower feed)
- Flight simulators, including full-immersion, Oculus Rift virtual reality
- Unique world class gift store
(Follow us on Facebook for the latest.)See Exhibits