The UC-64A Norseman built by Noorduyn Aviation Ltd, in Montreal Canada, first flew in 1935. The Norseman, as it was most commonly called, was the first aircraft specifically designed for operations in the arctic. It could be equipped with wheels, skis or floats and had a large, spacious fuselage that could carry a pilot and nine passengers in comfort. N725E was originally owned by the Army Air Force and used as a military transport. In 1945, this Norseman was transferred to the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service to serve in Georgia. Northern Consolidated Airlines, operated by Ray Peterson out of Anchorage, purchased the plane in January 1950. Interior Airways used this aircraft to supply construction sites during installation of the DEW line (Distant Early Warning) defense system. Jim Magoffin, owner of Interior Airways, donated N725E to the Pioneer Air Museum in Fairbanks in 1972, which then gave the aircraft to the Alaska Aviation Museum in 1995.