Not an airplane, but this vehicle was affiliated with airplanes from its beginning. Arriving in Alaska in 1915 “before roads,” this truck shuttled mail and passengers between the McCarthy, Alaska train depot and the Kennecott Mine Hotel for 23 years, until the mine closed in 1938. It sat in the ghost town of Kennecott for another 17 years, until the entire town came under the ownership of Cordova Airlines owner Merle “Mudhole” Smith in 1955. It sat as a sign for Smith until bought by Tillie Reeve, wife of Reeve Aleutian Airlines founder and aviation pioneer Bob Reeve. She used it for more than a decade, running errands around Anchorage.