WELCOME TO THE ALASKA AVIATION MUSEUM!
Located on the world’s largest seaplane base, Lake Hood, at Anchorage International Airport, the Alaska Aviation Museum celebrates Alaska’s rich aviation history. Click on the Explore Tab to learn more about exhibits, education, tours and the Hall of Fame. For the latest in museum news and events, find Alaska Aviation Museum on Facebook.
Open daily 9 AM to 5 PM during the summer (12-5 PM Sundays, closed Mondays in winter, October 15 – April 15), it’s a substantial museum boasting:
- 4 hangars of exhibits and vintage aircraft (20-30 flying vintage aircraft on display)
- Outdoor exhibits
- Restoration hangar (watch volunteers at work restoring vintage aircraft)
- Control tower (watch seaplanes land and take off, including live real-time radio tower feed)
- Flight simulators, including full-immersion, Oculus Rift virtual reality
- Unique world class gift store
(Follow us on Facebook for the latest.)
Put on your big band dancing shoes and get ready to boogie woogie to a live big band. Saturday, November 4, is the date. 7:00 pm is the time. Tickets are $85, members only $70. Sponsorships are still available, and silent auction donations are being accepted. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.View More About Us