WELCOME TO THE ALASKA AVIATION MUSEUM
Located on the world’s largest seaplane base, Lake Hood, at Anchorage International Airport, the Alaska Aviation Museum celebrates Alaska’s rich aviation history. Click on the Explore Tab to learn more about exhibits, education, tours and the Hall of Fame. For the latest in museum news and events, find Alaska Aviation Museum on Facebook.
Winter hours: Tuesday — Saturday 9 AM – 5 PM; Sunday noon-5 PM; Monday Closed.
We’re a substantial museum boasting:
- 4 hangars of exhibits and vintage aircraft (20-30 flying vintage aircraft on display)
- Outdoor exhibits
- Restoration hangar (watch volunteers at work restoring vintage aircraft)
- Control tower (watch seaplanes land and take off, including live real-time radio tower feed)
- Flight simulators, including full-immersion, Oculus Rift virtual reality
- Unique world class gift store
(Follow us on Facebook for the latest.)
Thanks to everyone who helped to make the Third Annual Big Band Bash a smashing success.
Be a part of the Alaska Aviation Museum by submitting your artistic photograph of an Alaska airport facility or control tower in the Tundra Tower photo contest. Guest curator Carolyn Russo of the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum will be the judge of the entries. Winners will receive prizes, including a copy of Russo’s book “Art of the Airport Tower” and Amazon gift certificates. For answers to questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click on the link below to complete an entry form and for full contest rules.Contest Entry